Thursday 1 January 2015

2015

   It's with a huge sigh of relief that I wave goodbye to 2014. It's crazy to think how fast it's gone, but it was full of ups and downs for me, and I think I'd be right in saying I had far more than my fair share of downs. Therefore I couldn't be happier to see 2015, which I am determined to ensure is a much better year for me.
   I always create New Year's Resolutions but I am prone to giving up on them after about three months. However, this year is going to be the year that I follow my resolution through to the end. Usually I go for something stereotypical, like to eat more healthily and lose weight, and although this is part of my resolution, my overall resolution is much more important.


   My best friend sent this to me this morning, and I decided to make it my resolution. To be selfish. Anyone who knows me knows that I'm always worried about upsetting and hurting people, so I let people walk all over me and I apologise for everything in an attempt to keep the peace and to avoid losing people. However the last few months of 2014 made me realise I can't let this happen any more. I can't be expected to take the blame for things that aren't my fault just because the other person doesn't want to have to accept that they're in the wrong themselves. I know this may sound clichéd, but 2015 is 100% going to be my year. I'm going to spend it focusing on myself and developing myself into a healthy, happy, successful 19 year old. Most importantly I'm going to love myself and realise my own self worth. I suppose in a way you could say I'm going to find myself. I've let my confidence be knocked so much that I think I deserve to be treated like rubbish, and no one deserves that! I'm going to become the best version of myself I can be and I won't be letting anyone walk over me or stand in my way. It's a hell of a big resolution, but I know I'm capable of achieving it.
   Thank you for sending me this Beth, here's to 2015!

No comments:

Post a Comment