Monday 24 November 2014

Dirty Dancing With Katie

   Last week I went home for a few days to spend time with my family and have a catchup with a few of my friends. I've recently become very homesick at uni, probably with it coming up to Christmas, so being able to go back for a little while was definitely needed.
   I'd arranged from the beginning that I was going to see Katie again. However, this time, instead of going to the Kino Lounge as we usually do, we decided to have a girlie evening in with a film and ice cream. Katie was absolutely horrified when I told her I'd never seen Dirty Dancing, it's appalling I know, so she decided she was going to take the responsibility to introduce me to it. It's safe to say it is the most beautiful film I have ever seen. Having felt pretty emotional before I even turned up to Katie's, there were plenty of tears whilst watching it, it honestly really pulled my heartstrings! Patrick Swayze is the most incredible actor, and Johnny and Baby's relationship is just so beautiful and it made me all soppy and emotional! Two 18 year old girls, ice cream and a film like that is definitely not a good combination!
   However, I enjoyed the film so much I went and bought my own copy to take back to uni with me, which resulted in me watching it with mum the following evening!



No comments:

Post a Comment