Sunday 2 November 2014

My Manchester Recommendations

   Having lived here a month and a half I've managed to do some exploring, perhaps not as much as I'd like, but enough to roughly know Manchester and to be able to get from A to B. Therefore, I thought that it was about time to share my top 5 Manchester hot spots with you, if you're going to find me anywhere in Manchester, it'll probably be in one of these places!

MediaCity UK
   It's safe to say that I absolutely adore MediaCity, having given it a whole blog post to itself not that long ago, honestly, it is the most beautiful place and I am so incredibly lucky to be able to study there. Being surrounded by BBC buildings and knowing you're learning next door to some of the biggest names in journalism is just unbelievable, particularly when you're hoping to break into that industry yourself in the next few years.
   Over the past few years a lot of work, preparation and money has gone into making MediaCity and Salford Quays as appealing as possible, and I definitely think that they've achieved that. Walking round MediaCity by day is amazing, but at night it's unbelievable with all the lights and their reflection on the water. Salford Quays is full of lush places to eat and plenty of outlet stores to make Christmas shopping much easier for us students! The whole area is the perfect place for a family afternoon out as there is so much to take in, and there are nearly always events going on to entertain everyone. A tram line runs between MediaCity and Manchester Picadilly Station, meaning it's easy and convenient to get to all year round.


Lola Lo's
   I've mentioned Lola Lo's in a few of my posts, and as my time at uni has gone on I've realised that it's definitely my favourite club in Manchester. I love the fact you have to dress up and wear heels, and I adore the classy atmosphere it has compared to Northamptonshire clubs. You go there to have a good night and it definitely never fails to give you one. Spread over three different dancefloors there's always room to enjoy yourself and grab a drink, and when it gets too hot you can go outside to the decking overlooking the river, which is stunning at night. Apart from their cocktails, the drinks aren't too expensive, which can be a miracle or a disaster depending on how you handle your drink! Basically, I highly recommend that you go there because it's a fantastic night out and you'll love it! It seems to be our go to place in Manchester, and I can definitely see why.


The Trafford Centre
   I've only actually been to the Trafford Centre once, but I remember how astounded I was when I stepped inside. It's completely unbelievable in there, and so so magical! It's huge, a hell of a lot bigger than I was expecting, and the interior is just insane. It looks so regal and palatial! I definitely want to go Christmas shopping there, I bet it looks incredible with all the Christmas lights and decorations in place.
   It contains just about every single shop you may ever need under one roof! Despite the vast size of the centre, they all seem really close together, so your feet shouldn't hurt too much after a day's shopping! The atmosphere it creates is just so relaxed and exciting, in fact despite going in September I think it had that magical Christmas atmosphere already! It's definitely a centre to add to your Christmas shopping bucket list, you'd be crazy not to give it a visit!

The Arndale Centre
   The Arndale Centre is my go to place when I need a shopping trip, but don't want to go to the Trafford Centre, where I'll be overwhelmed and impulse buy everything! It's another massive centre, but doesn't have the regal feel that the Trafford Centre does, it's much more laid back! Again, it's full of a ridiculous number of shops and restaurants, so you can easily stop off to grab some food or a drink before you carry on shopping. It's perfect for all ages as the range of shops fulfils everyone's personal preferences, and you can get just about everything you need there! It's super easy to get there, you just need to jump on a bus or a tram and you'll be there in about 15 minutes! It tends to be full of students in urgent need of some retail therapy, so it's always buzzing, but it's not horribly crowded like some centres can tend to be. I love taking as many trips there as possible without blowing my student loan!

Manchester Piccadilly Gardens
   My final Manchester recommendation is Manchester Piccadilly Gardens. If you want a bite to eat after a long day's shopping, then you're spoilt for choice. It's just so picturesque, and again, it's reachable by bus or tram. It's a beautiful green park surrounded by restaurants and food places. Although I haven't seen it by night, I imagine it must be pretty spectacular. When you want to get away from the hustle and bustle of the Arndale Centre and the surrounding streets then this is the place to go. Although still busy, it has a much more relaxed atmosphere as people are full and content with themselves after a hearty meal, and you can sit and watch the world go by outside.


No comments:

Post a Comment