Saturday 27 September 2014

Food Shopping

   Today I finally decided that instead of running to the Spar every couple of days to get ready meals to put in the freezer, I should be sensible and go on a proper food shop so I can actually cook for myself. Therefore, I went on a trip to Aldi to do a large scale food shop, and I'm rather pleased with how it went!
   I rarely go to Aldi at home, as our family's nearest shop is Tesco, yet I know as a student Tesco will be too expensive to shop in all the time. It's safe to say I was surprised at how cheap the food in Aldi is! Now I just need to hope that the food is of decent quality... However, seeing as Aldi is a large chain I'm sure it won't disappoint me. My total shop came to £19.72, and I bought two whole bags full! I decided it's time to be healthy and cook decent meals for myself, so I bought plenty of meat and fish that can obviously be frozen and will enable me to expand my cooking skills and cook an array of different dishes. I also stocked up on non-perishable food such as Ryvita and pasta, so that when I decide I want some comfort food I have something to turn to.
   I'm proud of myself for realising that with the amount of things I have to do for university and everything that's going on around me, I can't run on rubbish food, and that I actually need vegetables and protein. My family and friends stocked me up on cookbooks before I left for uni, so I have plenty of recipes that I'm excited to try out and hopefully I'll be able to avoid giving anyone food poisoning!

No comments:

Post a Comment