Saturday 13 September 2014

Moving In

   So, today was the day! It's scary how quickly it came around, and it's bizarre to think that I am currently sat at my desk in my new room typing this, rather than my room at home!
Fortunately for me, moving in was a straight forward enough process as instead of having to cram my million and one bags and boxes into the back of my parents car, my boyfriend Jake was willing enough to drive me down, allowing me to distribute everything between the two. This also meant that, as we set off two hours ahead of my parents, we were able to get the majority of my things unloaded and set up in my room before my parents arrived with the rest of it. Consequently, this made the moving process flow a lot more easily and made it much less crammed and stressful than it probably would have been otherwise!
   It's safe to say that my room is pretty small, however, I personally find it really cute, and coming from a small room at home I'm not that bothered about the size of it. However, I definitely brought far too much stuff! Having unpacked the majority of my things we've already decided that it's necessary for my parents to bring up two extra storage units when they come up to visit next month in order to give me more floor space. I quite literally have things crammed into every nook and cranny I can find!
   Overall, I think my room looks rather homely so far, due to the simple additions of cushions and fairy lights. I am planning on getting some photos printed off via Photobox of me and my friends, which I feel will make it look even cuter. I'm lucky enough to have a corner desk in my room and I absolutely adore it as it takes up so little space, yet will be vital to my education and gives me a lot of surface space and drawers to store things!
   I'm the only one who's currently moved into my flat. I know that there's another first year girl and then 4 international students, all of whom are second years and therefore won't be moving in for at least another two weeks. My flat seems like a bit of a ghost town! Luckily, I posted on Facebook that I was on my own and two boys came down to find me and invite me up to a flat party upstairs later, so that should be a great opportunity for me to make friends with people in the surrounding flats in my block, Blake, meaning I don't mind being on my own down here if it's only going to be at night!
I'm petrified about being away from home, but hopefully it should be an enjoyable night, therefore making me feel a lot more comfortable. My room is nearly perfect, and hopefully soon enough it will be a home away from home!

No comments:

Post a Comment