Tuesday 30 September 2014

My University Family

   Looking at how settled I am to university life now, it's crazy to think that I was so scared at the original prospect of moving away from home and making new friends. The friends I made on the first night are still my friends now, and we've gotten so close over the past few weeks. They genuinely make me so so happy and I'm so grateful to have met them.
   We've become like a family, and I honestly would class them as my lil university family! We spend so much time together, and starting lectures has been a shock to us all as we can't be together 24/7 anymore! We're always up for chilling together on an evening, and some days we'll cook a massive meal for us all to share, or just cook our own food and sit round the table together. We've all become a bit obsessed with Come Dine With Me too, it's all we ever seem to watch! Predrinks are definitely the best thing we do together though. We all egg each other on and just have a laugh together as we're all so comfortable around each other. We're also all willing to look after one another and we always have each other's backs and are looking out for one another. I honestly can't imagine what university would be like if I was friends with different people, I've definitely got the best friends and the best flat block anyone could ask for! They've made university so much more enjoyable and for that I will always be eternally grateful.
   Whilst at university it is inevitable that you will lose a few of your friends from back home as they get swept away in university life and a city atmosphere. However, you may be lucky enough, like me, to have managed to avoid that so far. My main advice is to try not to force any friendships. You may really want to stay friends with them, but you're just going to get more and more upset the more you text and ring them, and the more they don't reply. Once the first few weeks or months have settled down it is more than likely they'll see the errors of their ways and come crawling back begging you to be friends with them again, at which point it's really up to you as to whether or not you're willing to give them another chance. The main thing to remember is that you are going to be making new friends at university, and you will probably become a lot closer to them than many of your home friends as you'll be seeing them nearly everyday for the next three years! University will prove to you who your true friends are, as those who want to stay in touch with you will, and you'll make some amazing new friendships along the way.





No comments:

Post a Comment