Wednesday 24 September 2014

Freshers Fair

   Freshers fair is definitely something that I recommend you all go to as it's an opportunity to find out about all the university societies and what your university has to offer.
   Despite the fact I went with the intention of signing up for nothing and getting loads of free stuff, I actually left having signed up to three clubs - rowing, volleyball and archery - and no free stuff. I'm not actually too sure I'll go to volleyball or archery, but rowing does sound quite interesting, and I'm willing to go outside of my comfort zone and give something new a try! I'm also surprised I'm willing to give it a go seeing as I was bullied into signing up by the coach just because I'm "tall", and also that I'm petrified I'm going to fall out of the boat and make an absolute tit of myself in front of a lot of strangers. 
   I was really intrigued seeing just how diverse the societies are at university, everything was covered from musical theatre to veganism! It also reminded me just how many different cultures there are going to be at university, and how things that may not have appealed to me will appeal to different people. Even if, like me, you aren't necessarily planning on joining any societies during your first year at university, do go along, because it's amazing seeing exactly what your university has to offer and how many different cultures and interests there are.

No comments:

Post a Comment