Tuesday 23 September 2014

Student Lock In

   This evening I went to Student Lock In at the Trafford Centre, and I definitely spent far too much, despite the fact everything was 20% off! But, my logic was that I won't get the opportunity very often, so I might as well make the most of it!
   I do like to think that I've become a lot more sensible when it comes to shopping, and I did carefully think through what I could pair everything I bought with and when I'd be able to wear it. Seeing as uni officially starts next week, I thought I should treat myself to a few new purchases to make sure my university wardrobe is as fabulous as it possibly can be! I'm also very relieved that after putting all my purchases away I definitely do not regret anything that I've bought, and none of them were impulse buys.
   Having never been to the Trafford Centre before I had no clue what to expect, and I was completely blown away by the vast size of the place and the array of shops inside! It seemed that all of my favourite shops were there, and close together, which made running between them a hell of a lot easier! The four hours absolutely flew by, it honestly didn't seem like we were there that long! Halfway through we were all so exhausted we had to stop and refuel ourselves on pizza before we could continue trying on clothes, now very bloated, and choosing our favourites to buy.
   I think that Student Lock In is a brilliant idea, as not all shops offer student discount 24/7, and so it was great being able to take of advantage of the four hours that they did. Although I'm aware that the next one is unlikely to be for a fair while, I know that I'll definitely be signing up for it as it was so enjoyable going shopping with friends and getting each other's opinions on outfits, we all picked out items for each other that looked amazing on but we never would have chosen ourselves! It was also another fab opportunity for us to bond as a group, and I honestly wouldn't change the friends I've made for the world, we're all so similar and get on so well, I'm incredibly lucky to have found them as early on as I have!


No comments:

Post a Comment