Tuesday 2 December 2014

Eleanor The Producer

   During TV News last week we were told that in today's lesson we would be creating and streaming a 6 minute long TV broadcast. For some reason unknown to myself I nominated myself as producer, and it's safe to say that I definitely was not aware of the amount of work that that was going to ensue. I was in charge of choosing the packages and ulays, writing all the scripts and getting everything uploaded into iNEWS and making sure that everything ran to time so that our programme was definitely 6 minutes long. Having other assignments to work on at the some time made it even more stressful, so I didn't actually get round to doing any before it got to today. Therefore I was very panicky during our lecture, but we managed to pull it off in the end and it was definitely worth it!
   Inzy had created a package on Phillip Hughes for TV News this afternoon, so I snapped up the opportunity to use it as soon as he offered. Faye and I had discussed having our second package focusing on the Christmas Markets, and as she already had some footage she brought it along so we could add a voice over and then use that. As for ulays, none of us had a clue what to do them on, and as producer I was finding it very stressful trying to come up with the ideas myself. Then Inzy suggested creating one on the delays to the train lines yesterday, so he found photos for that whilst I created the script. Then it hit me that Black Friday was huge in Manchester last week, so I set Libby and Chantelle to work finding photos and asked Abi to find out facts and write a script for that. So finally we were underway! The boys had already filmed a sports piece and the weather, so thankfully that saved us some time and gave us slightly less to worry about.
   Importing it all into iNEWS was the most stressful part in my opinion, as I had to ensure it ran to precisely six minutes. Thankfully, due to a slight technical fault when we broadcast it, it did run to six minutes exactly! Sitting in the gallery watching it all being broadcast was such an amazing feeling, knowing I had, with help of course, put together a six minute TV broadcast. I feel our broadcast looked really professional and ran really smoothly, everyone seemed to know what they were doing! Despite the stress and the panic I felt in the lead up to it, I honestly wouldn't mind doing it again in the future. It's made me decide to join Quays News after Christmas and help out with all the aspects of that as I want to make sure I am experienced in all areas of broadcasting, and not just one, to put me in better stead for my future career.

No comments:

Post a Comment