Monday 1 December 2014

Hello December!

   Today marks the start of my absolute favourite month of the year, December! I absolutely adore December because it's so festive and magical, plus it seems to be the one time of year where everyone is nice to one another because no one wants to break that Christmas spirit. Not only is there Christmas to look forward to, but also my birthday the week before on the 18th and my cousin's on the 22nd, so December is a very special month for our family.
   December always marks family time for us, as we probably spend more time together over the Christmas holidays than we do the rest of the year. We always spend Christmas Day together which is always just incredible, drinking Christmas wines and ciders and playing silly games in between eating ourselves stupid with turkey and sausages and stuffing! Then we'll normally have Boxing Day together and our annual family trip to watch the Saints play rugby in Northampton a few days later. Spending time with family is really important to me, as your family are always going to be there for you when others aren't, so you need to make sure they understand how appreciated they truly are.
   December also marks Advent Calendar time! I'm such a little kid when it comes to Christmas and Advent Calendars, I look forward to them so so much! I normally use the Advent Calendar my godmother made for me. I didn't want to bring it to university with me so this year I've got a fair trade one. Hopefully my mum will be nice enough to fill up my normal one for when I go home though...
   I love the atmosphere that December brings, everything and everyone is just so festive and happy and the whole world just seems so merry. Everything seems to be better at Christmas, no matter how badly things may be going, Christmas just seems to make you forget about them all for a while. Walking round the Christmas Markets with all the fairy lights up, listening to carol singers and brass bands and drinking Baileys hot chocolate is what December is all about to me - enjoying yourself and getting into the spirit of things.
   I can officially whip out my winter coat, hat, gloves and scarf when it comes to December as well. Plus I can wear leggings and big baggy jumpers and cardigans and thick woolly socks around the place and just be super cosy all the time because it's acceptable to do so at Christmas! I can cuddle up to my puppies in front of the fire and just completely relax and forget about everything else.
   Despite the fact I'll be revising for uni exams, I'm definitely still going to make the most of it, and I know my family will make it magical for me as they always do.


No comments:

Post a Comment