Sunday 5 October 2014

American Horror Story

   Seeing as I have a 5 day weekend, I tend to get my work over and done with as early on as I can, so that then I can properly relax and have some downtime. This is exactly how Ruth and I found ourselves completely and utterly addicted to American Horror Story. When I say addicted, I mean addicted. I think 6 was the most episodes we watched in one sitting, which is actually pretty appalling seeing as there are only 13 episodes in a series... We're now treating ourselves to a few days off before tackling Season Two.
   For those of you who have never watched American Horror Story, WATCH IT. It is absolutely incredible and I highly highly highly recommend it. Although "horror" is in the name, I'd describe it as more gorey and jumpy, rather than something which will give you nightmares for the next six months. I don't want to give too much away, as I want those of you that haven't watched it to go and do so, but the first season is based around a haunted house, which if you die in it you cannot leave. I will warn you now that it is addictive, and it will take over your life, but it's so cleverly filmed and produced that it is well worth the numb bum you'll get after watching episodes back to back! I know that you definitely get the first two seasons on NetFlix, and I'm sure the third will be up in the near future as Season Four airs soon.
   Jessica Lange is a phenomenal actress throughout the season, her character being central to a number of major plot twists. She honestly is a character that you cannot hate, although you may want to at times. Similarly, not only is Evan Peters serious eye candy, but his portrayal of Tate Langdon is out of this world! Yet again Tate is a character that later on in the season you realise that really you should hate, but you just can't due to Peter's loveable portrayal of him. He's definitely become my new favourite actor, for someone who's only 27 he is unbelievably talented!
   We don't actually watch a lot of television at uni as we prefer to just spend time talking to one another, but the fact Ruth and I got so addicted to American Horror Story so quickly means you really should go and watch it. You'll regret it otherwise!




No comments:

Post a Comment