Friday 3 October 2014

IQ Salford

   Having decided pretty late on that I wanted to come to Salford rather than resit the year, finding accommodation was an incredibly stressful process, as the majority were already full.
   After doing some research I decided on my top two accommodations to apply to - IQ and Tramways. Both came with ensuite rooms and weren't asking extortionate prices. I definitely preferred the look of IQ, the rooms looked much more homely, compared to Tramway's very basic rooms. However, it seemed a lot of people preferred the look of IQ, as there was a hefty waiting list! The next few weeks were incredibly tense, as I didn't know if I was going to get a room at either accommodation, and I was beginning to panic that I'd left it too late to apply anywhere else.
   Thankfully, not long after panic kicked in I did receive a phone call from Tramways to offer a room. Despite not being my ideal preference, it was a relief to at least have a place! Plus, my luck continued as a few days later IQ rang me saying that despite the fact I wasn't top of the waiting list, I was the only girl and they needed another girl in one of the flats! Of course I grabbed the room with both hands and was absolutely over the moon!
   Having been at university nearly 3 weeks now, I know I definitely made the right decision applying to IQ for my accommodation. Despite the fact that it's self-catered accommodation which I didn't particularly want, the whole atmosphere is so homely, and everyone here that I've met so far seems lovely! The staff in reception are always willing to help out with any problems we have, and they're incredibly welcoming. The look of IQ is appealing as well, which makes it a lot more enjoyable to be in! Despite the fact my room is small, it's cute and homely, and they've definitely made the most of the space! The kitchens are well laid out and are the perfect size to have a communal area as well, meaning that it's always the go to place for parties and to watch TV with my friends!
   My advice is that despite the fact you may be unsure you want to go to university after getting your results, or that you're determined to get into your first choice and therefore don't care about your insurance, it's well worth looking into accommodation as soon as possible. Trust me, it's a horrible position to get into thinking that you might not get any accommodation and therefore have to take a gap year, despite the fact you've finally decided you actually want to go! The best accommodation will go incredibly quickly and if you don't want to be disappointed you need to apply as soon as the applications open.


No comments:

Post a Comment