Saturday 11 October 2014

Prioritising Your Life

   Unfortunately, I am someone who always ends up stressing over everything and ends up letting everything get the better of me. Alongside this, I tend to be a perfectionist the majority of the time, and all three end up being a horrible mess and get me into a right state. Therefore, I thought, in order to help myself and others who end up in a similar position, I'd write a post on how to prioritise things once you get to university. I had an absolute melt down to my friend Lauren last night and she sent me a list prioritising all the problems I had dictated to her. I've started following it and it's been immensely helpful. She's given me permission to blog it, so hopefully it'll be able to help some of you too, or you'll be able to adapt it to fit the situation you're currently in.

Okay we're going to prioritise these dilemmas and you're going to stick to the order or I'll come to Manchester to throw things at you and we don't want that.
1) Tidy your room, get the hell up and do it.
2) Sort out what uni work you've got to do like you would a level work. 
3) Pull yourself together- you've a group of friends already and they absolutely love you.
4) You have a brand new life, friends and city right in front of you, live it and stop worrying about what's at home because it can wait, if people back home want to be dramatic and bitchy then so be it. It's not up to you to change that, you can only wait and you've plenty to do whilst they're being a little bitch. Your life does not have to stop because of that. You've punished yourself enough.

   The fact she's threatening to throw things at me is definite motivation to get on with what needs doing, they're all silly things that are easily sorted, sometimes I just need someone to point out the obvious for me. 
   I know that this post doesn't contain much content, but the whole point of it is just to prove to you that it's silly stressing over such little things so early on in your time at uni. Like Lauren's done for me, you just need to lay them out and prioritise them and make sure you get them done. I'm actually quite embarrassed for getting so stressed over tiny little things that took me an hour max to sort! Uni is a fresh start for all of us and we need to make sure we make the most of it and enjoy it, so if you have things that need doing then do them there and then, rather than waiting until the last minute and stressing or doing a poor job of them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment