Tuesday 7 October 2014

Homeward Bound

   After three and a half fabulous weeks at uni I have some commitments back in Kettering which means I get a quick trip home to see my family and friends who decided to take gap years. It's safe to say I am very very excited about seeing them all again! The past few weeks have flown by and although I haven't been overly homesick it'll be nice to have the comfort of my own bed and to see my dogs again. It's also safe to say that it is a very surreal feeling having to pack an overnight bag to go home!
   I have lectures until 6pm this evening, but I have an open return so I can get on any train home depending on what time I'm able to get to Manchester Piccadilly. The journey home definitely isn't the easiest, as I have to get a tram to the station and then three different trains, as there isn't a direct train to Kettering, meaning the journey will take around 4 hours. I'll definitely be glad to see my bed by the time I'm back! I definitely think I chose a university the right distance from home, it's close enough for me to be able to get back at short notice in an emergency, but far enough away to prevent me from running home every weekend. One of my friends has gone to Falmouth and I definitely could not cope with being that far away from home as she can only go home during holidays due to the distance and the journey! 
   Although I have to go home for various different appointments, I am grateful to be going home as I honestly cannot wait to see my mum again. Annoyingly my dad is away with work so I won't be able to see him, but it gives my parents an excuse to come up and see me even sooner as he's gutted to be missing me. I cannot wait to have some home cooked food again, as nothing beats my mum's cooking! I've also arranged lunch out with mum and dinner with my friend Lauren, so I'll definitely have eaten well by the time I come back to uni!
   Despite the fact it might be a long and exhausting journey, I can't wait to be reunited with some of my favourite people and find out what's been going on in Kettering since I moved to Manchester.

No comments:

Post a Comment