Tuesday 7 October 2014

MediaCity

   Sitting in my lecture this afternoon made me realise just how lucky I am to be studying somewhere as beautiful as MediaCity. The building is made up mainly of glass, so wherever you look you get an absolutely incredible view. It's been regenerated so well, with Salford Quays and The Lowry Centre just over the river, and the constant hustle and bustle gives it such an amazing atmosphere.
   As an aspiring journalist I honestly could not ask to be better located. My campus is situated right in the middle of the two BBC Studios, and not only are ITV right opposite us on the other side of the river, they also have the upstairs floor of our building! Hopefully over the next three years I'll be lucky enough to see a few famous faces and make the most of all the opportunities available at the BBC, such as seeing the filming of Citizen Khan.
   If ever you get the chance to visit MediaCity I highly recommend that you do so. It's just so unbelievably beautiful, and by night it looks magical. It caters for all the family and you really can make a family day out of it. I honestly am the luckiest girl to be able to learn here, and hopefully in the future I will be able to have my career here so that I never ever have to leave the magic of MediaCity behind.


No comments:

Post a Comment